Thursday, September 14, 2006

Golf, Ducks, Football and Boiled Peanuts

Golf

I had a great day at work today. Well, it's kind of hard to call it work. I played in a golf tournament with three ministers from Meadowbrook. The weather was perfect. The golf, however, was not. Although, we did shoot a 68 in the four-man scramble. I hit it pretty good at first, but started to revert to my normal game when I started getting tired towards the end.

Ducks

I have signed a duck lease in Yazoo county. It's a little more than I thought I would pay, but it's pretty close and should hold ducks. I've got a couple of guys from church who are going to join in with me. I'm still looking for a forth who is willing to shell out some cash.

I haven't been this excited about an upcoming hunting season in a long time. This the first time that I have ever sought out and consummated a lease on my own. I had to write it up (I added lots of legalese). The guys I'm leasing from are a bunch of good ole' boys from the area. They're the kind whose pick-up truck won't crank if there's not an open beer can in it. Fortunately, they won't be able to hunt the area I'm leasing.

I'm looking forward to taking my boys with me.

Football

The family is going to have a football full weekend. We're going to see Madison Central play Brandon tomorrow night. My cousin's son (I guess that makes him my cousin too) is the starting quarterback for Brandon. I remember when he was born. I think it was just a couple of years ago. Time...it does fly.

On Saturday, we're going down to H'burg for the Southern Miss v. North Carolina State football game. The Eagle are going to kick some ACC butt.

Boiled Peanuts

I did something last weekend that I've never done...I boiled my own peanuts. A lady from work's husband buys them straight out the field on a regular basis. He told me how to do it. I felt like a warlock on the back deck, stirring my cauldron. They turned out great. Boiled peanuts always remind me of fall. Speaking of fall, the heat is starting to break. Fall is coming soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Livingston said...

Had a great time yesterday, Michael. Thanks again for the invite!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Eric Livingston said...

...by the way, the part of my forehead that is more horizontal than vertical is pretty burnt. I need to stick a hat in my bag.

8:52 AM  
Blogger mlt said...

That $21.97 for a hat isn't looking too bad right now, is it?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home