Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

This has been the busiest and (oddly) relaxing weekends I've had in a while.

I skipped out on work on Friday to go with NJ to her doctor in H'burg. We had a chance to eat lunch at Villie's, a local baked sub shop that we loved to frequent when we lived there.

Friday night we had a family (NJ's mother, brothers and families) gathering at Nagoya to celebrate Emily's 21st birthday. I haven't had hibatchi in a while, so it was fun.

Saturday morning we had a breakfast-brunch birthday for NJ's mom at our house. Quiche and grits!!! After a little football on the tube, we went to John and Michelle's for Elliot's one year old bday.

Saturday afternoon, all of said family (minus the mother and plus the father and his wife) came over to our house to watch the Southern Miss v. Florida game that I purchased on Gameplan. I cooked chicken on the grill (which was really good, by the way) and everybody brought the remainder of the fixin's. As predicted, my beloved Golden Eagles got beat (34-7). Although, the game was closer that the score...where've I heard that before?

Sunday was church day. Neither NJ, no I were scheduled to sing, so it was nice to get to actually sit together in church.

Following church, a large contingent from Meadowbrook went to the Mississippi Braves game. It was dollar day at the concession stand. I'm still trying to figure how I went in with $40, and came out with $6.50.

After the game, I went home and rested a while before the boys and I went over the Box's house for pizza and fellowship....and more football on TV. The girls from small group went out to Bonefish, so the guys kept the kids. More accurately, the kids kept themselves.

Finally, late last night, NJ and I finished the third season of Arrested Development. What a great show. It was sad to see it end.

So today is Monday. The weather is nice. I went for a run this morning and now I'm recapping the weekend. I plan on a lazy Labor Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home