Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Writer's Almanac

I've always been a big Garrison Keillor fan. I still lament not going to see A Prairie Home Companion when it came to Jackson several years ago. The movie was okay. My brother-in-law has seen the show live before and says the movie does a good job of showing how chaotic the show actually is.

After years of listening almost exclusively to sports radio when I'm out an about during the lunchtime hour, I've started listening to NPR. I know I'm late to the show, but at noon every day, Garrison has a short segment called The Writer's Almanac. It's a brief "...on this day in..." kind of synopsis of various writers and artist. He also reads one poem each day.

I highly recommend that, if you're listening to the radio at noon, you turn over to NPR and give it a try.

No matter how bad my day is going, it makes me feel like it's Saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home